Dear visitors,

I ask for feedback please :) Be respectful!
If you have private questions or comments that you would like to make, please contact me by email. Contact me as well, if you are going to borrow something. Thank you very much. Email: shirleystapioca@aol.com

About Me

My photo
Sometimes all we need to do is just rest in God. We strive, but His grace is enough.

6/19/12

When sorrow drown us. . . who are we?

I am sedated by truth, yet I feel the cool evening breeze tickle my spine and caress my thoughts. I wait. I wait. I inhale the fragrance of gratitude as I read "One Thousand Gifts," by Ann Voskamp (a must read if you hunger to live your one life well,) and I begin to notice how beautiful my empty backyard is. I mean, I have never noticed the beauty in its emptiness before, it is. . . gratifying.

I had a "hall" of flowers before, but they have withered away, gently, and that's alright. He has made everything beautiful in it's time. (Eccles. 3:11)

The backyard in all it's emptiness is a gown, and I am the woman wanting to put it to good use. . .

"You must start empty in order to be filled. . . undergoing gentle brokenness to find truth."

*“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit.” (Psalm 34:18)

I also see, test just how terrible it is, to be afraid of letting go. Letting go to a wonderful, faithful, omnipotent God, that has always loved us. Too many people fall away. . . lost, unsaved. We cannot pretend like it is okay when we lose loved ones each day. . . 

* "God is stronger than our fears! We have a purpose, every single one of us. . ."

Why my backyard caused this realization? I have a minor idea, but that is not important right now.

So Shirley, what is important? You my fellow reader.

Believe it or not, we only see our weakness(es), God sees strength in us and he loves us!

*“…(God) said, ‘My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.’ So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (II Corinthians 12:9-10)

He always listens to our cry, believe it, just ask him.

* “I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord.” (Psalm 40:1-3)

Experiencing sorrow. . .

* “Sorrow is better than laughter, for sadness has a refining influence on us.” (Eccles. 7:3)

"LIFE IS SHORT, THERE IS HOPE IN GOD"

“Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered—how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath…and so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.” (Psalm 39:4-5, 7)

When we ask Jesus in, miracles happen!

Need a miracle, a reason to live?
Who are you?

SOMEBODY LOVES YOU,
YOU WANT LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment